Win a walk through history with The Postal Museum Tunnel Walk competition
Sky HISTORY is giving one lucky winner the chance to discover one of London's best kept secrets. We have teamed up with The Postal Museum to give away 2 Tunnel Walk tickets to explore The Post Office Underground Railway, or Mail Rail.
The Postal Museum is an is an award-winning independent museum based in London's Farringdon that tells the story of postal communication and its impact on a global society. Along with family-friendly, hands-on exhibitions and modern research facilities, visitors can also take an immersive ride on the 100-year-old Mail Rail tunnels, London’s hidden underground railway.
Tunnel Walk: What to expect
Explore the 100-year-old Mail Rail on foot and get access to Mail Rail’s tunnels, tracks and platforms, exploring parts of the railway that aren’t accessible on the Mail Rail ride.
Expert guides tell the surprising stories about the staff who built, operated and maintained the underground railway over the course of 100 years – from its construction in the early 1900s, through the heyday in the middle of the century, to the eventual closure in 2003. Visit The Postal Museum for more information. For more information check out these Tunnel Walk FAQs.
How to take part
Simply click on the link and answer a question about The Postal Museum to take part. All correct answers will be entered into a prize draw. Competition closes on 18 December.
Tunnel Walk: Terms and Conditions
- The winning prize is two tickets for a Tunnel Walk tour at The Postal Museum. Tours take place on selected Tuesdays on afternoons and evenings.
- View the museum's event page before picking a time and date. A visit to our The Postal Museum and Mail Rail ride is not included as tours happen out of the museum's opening hours. Travel is not included.
- Dates and times are subject to availability, a minimum of one week’s notice is required when choosing a date to redeem the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable, has no cash value, and cannot be re-sold.
- Prize is valid for redemption until 31 March 2024.
- Tunnel Walks are for visitors aged 12+ only.